The main objective is supported by the following 6 main technical objectives:
1. Implementation, development and stabilisation at semi-industrial scale of the manufacturing process for Intermediate Modulus Carbon Fibres (IMCF) suitable for launcher applications.
2. Development of semi-industrial manufacturing process to obtain High Modulus Carbon Fibres (HMCF) suitable for satellite applications.
3. Development of semi-industrial scale pre-impregnation process to obtain Space Qualified Intermediate Modulus and High Modulus Prepregs.
4. Development of novel prepreg formulations for future Spacecraft structural composites with enhanced performance.
5. Improve European capacity to test and validate CF-based materials in Space relevant conditions.
6. Validate the developed materials by designing, manufacturing, and testing four Spacecraft composite sub-component demonstrators: two for launchers and two for satellites.